This note covers my career in biochemistry and physics. JohnV
1. Medical School (UofMich) and Grad School (Cornell Univ) - PhD in Biophysics
2. Post-doc doing molecular biology Res - M.I.T. and
3. Professor @ Syracuse Univ - Molecular Biol research; taught biophysics and biochemistry
4. - " " " ; taught biochemistry
- numerous government and corporate grants to support many students and post-docs
- numerous publication and invited lectures
5. Consultant to several biotech and pharma companies including Verax, Bayer and Bristol-Myers
in genetic engineering and bioprocessing technology
6. Co-founded Marine Polymer Technologies, Inc. (MPT) based on diatom research and discovery.
7. - applications of diatom research in medicine
8. Vice President for Research & Development of MPT - developed medical products for bleeding and wound healing
9. Currently full-time Vice President for R&D with MPT.
Diatoms are microalge that convert carbon diaoxide into oxygen.
My complete resume is on my website below - www.johnvournakis.com.